viernes, 12 de diciembre de 2014

DIANE ROUXEL



                                               DIANE ROUXEL                                                                                





                                            He is the star of the new film by Larry Clark "Smell of us".
                                                                       We talked to her.


 
        
1- You start working as an actress with Larry Clark in « the Smell of us ». How is that first movie experience for you ? 
The film stages a certain wasted youth, very trash and bored, to which I don’t belong but which is familiar to me as I used to hang out with such kids. I think it was easier for my first part in a film to embody a girl of my age, living in the same city at the same time. I was at the time a bit confused about my studies orientation, and being choosen for that film was a huge opportunity. Now I know for sure that I want to follow that path, why not even working behind the camera, maybe one day?  


2-How is working with Clark?  
Even before the shooting, the language gap was not easy to deal with. He did not speak french and my English was far from perfection. I was also and above all very impressed by his character and felt a little shy when it came to express myself. The script drastically changed during the shooting, which was very confusing for everyone. Some scenes that we had prepared were cut and some new ones were added. We were let mostly free in the acting process and most of the time, Larry would not cut at the end of the scene to play on improvisation.


3- Can you talk about Smell of us? 
I hardly found in the final version the screenplay that I had loved. This film remains close to Larry’s work, obsessed with a wasted youth with no guidance. But this punk ideal which he stages does not represent the entire Paris youth, only a obscur part of it. The script was a sociologic exploration of nowadays youth and of how internet structures our relationships. The final film is a tale about excess, youth and the old age.



4- Know larry Clark movies?  
Of course. Kids and Another days in paradise are my two favourite. I also like some of his photographic work.



5- Could you tell some of your favorite directors?  
I rather like films than directors. But I have still in mind Tarantino, Kubrick, Almodovar, Wes Anderson and Jarmush… They are the first names that I would come up with.


6- Any fun anectodes of filming?  
The shooting was anything but fun. 


7- How is out character un the film?
Marie is a provocative character with a huge attention need. She has a wealthy background but she hangs out with pennyless skaters. She has a double face, a sort of double life. A clean and ordered existence with her parents, a deviant and sexually open one in the Streets, with her skater friends.

8-How was your relationship with the other guys Smell of us?
SCRIBE who was very active during the casting and prep had successfully created a group of friends in between Lukas, Hugo, Theo and I, and a great connexion within all of us. Also, the film took a very long time to get achieved and even before the shooting, we hanged out a lot together. Our links became stronger. In the middle of shooting, the boys were kicked out and I found myself alone for the two last weeks. It was very hard.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario